Robert’s clients utilise his outstanding talent for strategic analysis and demonstrated track record in working seamlessly with leaders in organisations to achieve desired outcomes. Robert’s primary experience has been in:
- the analysis of government service delivery and development of strategic roadmaps for improvement;
- assessments of outsourcing of organisational functions;
- establishment of shared services; and
- operation of corporate information systems and costing and modeling of government services.
Mark excels at financial management and business process improvement with over a decade of extensive expertise in Government advisory services. Mark joined Synergy Group’s leadership team in 2007. His areas of specialisation include:
- Review and development of funding models.
- Strategic financial modelling.
- Costing models.
- Management and financial accounting.
- Development of strategic financial plans.
- Strategic capital asset replacement strategies.
Nigel has almost 20 years experience in delivering professional accounting and assurance services to the public and private sector. Nigel joined Synergy Group’s leadership team in 2008 after working with KPMG since 1994.
Nigel’s broad experience in the public and private sector has resulted in an extensive knowledge of internal audit and assurance, external audit, financial statement preparation, policy and controls framework development, probity and procurement.
Nigel is the client partner for the outsourced internal audits for
- National Museum of Australia.
- Royal Australian Mint.
- National Film and Sound Archive.
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency.
Patrick was a founding Partner of Synergy Group in 1999 and has a career underpinned by 14 years of Australian Government consulting experience. For the last ten years he has focused on business and process improvement projects enabled by financial systems enhancements particularly within the SAP platform. Outcome oriented, driven and client focused, Patrick leads the Finance and Corporate Systems service line within Synergy Group delivering effective solutions and excellent client outcomes.
Patrick has outstanding strengths in systems accounting coupled with an excellent understanding of the Commonwealth financial management framework gained through extensive contributions to various agencies including
- Department of Defence.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Attorney-General’s Department.
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
- Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy.
Paulette has had an outstanding career spanning over 20 years in audit and advisory services as a chartered accountant. She has held senior positions in the ‘Big 4’ accounting firms, both in Australia and the United States. Paulette has worked with a broad range of clients in a variety of industries including government (both FMA and CAC Act Agencies), healthcare, education, and not-for-profit entities; the last 10 years have been dominated by work in federal government agencies.
Paulette specialises in
- Internal and external audit.
- Process assessment and improvement.
- Financial statement preparation.
- Accounting policy and process advice.
Phil joined Synergy in 2012. Phil’s 15 years in professional services has been focused on providing assurance and advisory services to Federal Government. With previous employment including PricewaterhouseCoopers and KPMG, Phil has been part of several long-term engagements requiring the team to be based with the client. He has extensive experience in developing productive long-term client relationships integrating with the client team and delivering measurable outcomes.
Phil currently leads internal audits for the National Film and Sound Archive and the National Museum of Australia. He has outstanding skills in delivery of performance, compliance, financial, information technology and project audits and evaluations. Phil has a unique ability to lead the development of risk based internal audit plans which deliver significant value to the senior executive and the audit committee.