Role: Data Analyst
Team: Digital and Technology
Role/Level: Consultant/Senior Consultant/Manager
- Interesting and diverse range of Government and non-Government clients and work
- Opportunity to apply leading-edge analytics and visualisation tools and techniques working with leading practitioners
- Dynamic, leading consulting firm with career growth and flexible work opportunities
Do you have a passion for wrangling complex data into meaningful insight for senior decision makers? Are you experienced in visual analytics platforms such as Tableau and Power BI and looking to expand your capability in a growing team? Are you looking to take your strong analytics experience to the next level and make a difference?
At Synergy we are the Dynamic Leaders in Solutions to Government – we plan, we think, we change, we solve, we lead.
Together we discover new solutions, navigate complexity, bring new insights, realise change and sustain momentum. We are government specialists delivering a truly collaborative approach to navigate important challenges and provide practical solutions. With growth of over 30% year on year and revenue set to push $60 million we are a major player in Government with some great career opportunities to offer along with all the attitude of an agile, fun, family focused consultancy. We live our values:
- Honest to self and all: We do as we say, act with integrity and are true to ourselves and others.
- Abundance mentality: We share success, are generous with our time, our knowledge and our work. We collaborate to add value, to grow and to support each other.
- It’s personal: We are personally invested in each other and our clients. We value diversity and people as individuals.
- Business within our business: We are empowered and enabled to be as successful as we are talented, we are accountable for delivering quality results that leverage and add to the organisation’s capabilities.
- Positively charged: We are confident and resilient, find solutions to problems and are ever optimistic in our approach.
Our Business Analytics team is expanding rapidly as demand for our leading solutions grows. We work with a broad range of clients, delivering our world-class analytics, data visualisation and executive dashboarding solutions. We have an established, world class team of data professionals who work on interesting and challenging projects, in a culture that values and empowers the individual to realise success and entrepreneurship.
As one of our data science and analytics professionals you will work deeply with data, to support the strategic objectives of our Government clients. Your work will help C-suite decision makers to deliver evidence-based outcomes through clear, data-driven dashboards and support the team’s engagement and communication.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with Australian Government clients to understand and document their information, analysis and decision-making needs using established user-experience and business analysis frameworks.
- Building, maintaining, improving and troubleshooting dashboards, reports, analytics tools and other data-driven solution products.
- Designing, building and delivering data frameworks including: queries, stored procedures and other mechanisms for extracting data from source systems, transforming it into reporting-friendly formats, and loading it into data warehouses and reporting databases.
You will bring a background that demonstrates:
- Bachelor or postgrad qualifications in IT, data analytics, or another relevant field
- Skills and experience in data visualisation tools, especially PowerBI and/or Tableau
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to high standards of quality.
- Ability to manage scope and timeline of multiple tasks without compromising on quality.
The ideal candidate would also be able to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Strong technical skills in data analysis tools, languages and techniques, such as SQL, ETL tools, and integration/middleware platforms
- Consulting and/or business development experience, possibly in data- or analytics- related fields.
- Experience working in an Australian Government environment, whether as an APS employee or consulting to Australian Government agencies
You will have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and be able to utilise your relationship building skills to work with other Synergites and clients in an authentic and personal way.
Many of our engagements involve working with clients that have a need for security, privacy and confidentiality. You must therefore be an Australian citizen, you will hold an AGSVA baseline or NV1 clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package you will have the ability to access flexible working options, generous paid Parental Leave benefits, a comprehensive online learning platform, onsite yoga and other fitness programs, and social events that delight. Community spirit is strong among Synergites with many actively involved in local volunteer community groups, in particular Synergy is proud to partner with Raw Potential.
We value diversity and inclusion and believe that no employment opportunity should be limited for any irrelevant reason. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We respect and empower each individual. We demonstrate this by recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people. Our consultants are from a diverse employment, geographic and cultural backgrounds. Our organisational ratio of female:male employees is 50/50.
If you are a person with a growth mindset who loves to solve problems, has a desire to be part of a dynamic team and values the opportunity to showcase your technical ability: then you should be talking to us. Please send your CV to our People Team at email@example.com. More information about Synergy is available at synergygroup.net.au and at our Synergy Group Australia page on LinkedIn.