Role: Data Wrangler
Team: Digital and Technology
Level: Consultant, Senior Consultant or Manager
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
- Interesting and diverse range of Government clients and work
- Opportunity to learn cutting-edge analytics and visualisation tools and techniques from leading practitioners
- Dynamic, leading consulting firm with career growth and flexible work opportunities
At Synergy we are the Dynamic Leaders in Solutions to Government – we plan, we think, we change, we solve, we lead.
Together we discover new solutions, navigate complexity, bring new insights, realise change and sustain momentum. We are government specialists delivering a truly collaborative approach to navigate important challenges and provide practical solutions. With growth of over 30% year on year and revenue set to push $60 million we are a major player in Government with some great career opportunities to offer along with all the attitude of an agile, fun, family focused consultancy.
As a result of strong and continuing growth in our business, we are looking for talented data professionals to join our Business Analytics team. Our team builds world-class analytics, data visualisation and executive dashboarding solutions for a broad range of Government clients. We offer the opportunity to work with an outstanding team of committed data professionals on interesting and challenging projects, in a culture that values and empowers the individual to realise success and entrepreneurial opportunities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with Australian Government clients to understand and document their information, analysis and decision-making needs.
- Designing and building queries, stored procedures and other mechanisms for extracting data from source systems, transforming it into reporting-friendly formats, and loading it into data warehouses and reporting databases.
- Supporting and troubleshooting dashboards, reports, analytics tools and other data-driven solutions.
You will bring a background that demonstrates:
- Bachelor or postgrad qualifications in IT, data analytics, or another relevant field
- Strong technical skills in data wrangling tools, languages and techniques, such as SQL, ETL tools, and integration/middleware platforms
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to high standards of quality.
- Ability to manage scope and timeline of multiple tasks without compromising on quality.
The ideal candidate would also be able to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Skills and experience in data visualisation tools, especially PowerBI and/or Tableau
- Consulting experience
- Experience working in an Australian Government environment, whether as an APS employee or consulting to Australian Government agencies
You will have a positive attitude, strong communication skills and be able to utilise your relationship building skills to partner with other Synergites and clients in an authentic and personal way.
Many of our engagements involve working with clients that have a need for security, privacy and confidentiality. You must therefore be an Australian citizen, you will hold an AGSVA baseline or NV1 clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package you will have the ability to access flexible working options, generous paid Parental Leave benefits, a comprehensive online learning platform, onsite yoga and other fitness programs, and social events that delight. Community spirit is strong among Synergites with many actively involved in local volunteer community groups, in particular Synergy is proud to partner with Raw Potential.
We value diversity and inclusion and believe that no employment opportunity should be limited for any irrelevant reason. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We respect and empower each individual and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
If you are a person with a growth mindset who loves to solve problems, has a desire to be part of a dynamic team and values the opportunity to showcase your technical ability: then you should be talking to us. Please send your CV to our People Team at email@example.com. More information about Synergy is available at synergygroup.net.au and at our Synergy Group Australia page on LinkedIn.
If you are interested apply now