Role: Lead Analyst – Business and Data Analytics
Level: Manager / Senior Manager
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
At Synergy we are the Dynamic Leaders in Solutions to Government – we plan, we think, we change, we solve, we lead.
Together we discover new solutions, navigate complexity, bring new insights, realise change and sustain momentum. We are government specialists delivering a truly collaborative approach to navigate important challenges and provide practical solutions. We are a major player in Government with some great career opportunities to offer along with all the attitude of an agile, fun, family focused consultancy.
As a result of strong and continuing growth in our business, we are looking for talented data professionals to join our Business Analytics team. Our team builds world-class analytics, data visualisation and executive dashboarding solutions for a broad range of Government clients. We offer the opportunity to work with an outstanding team of committed data professionals on interesting and challenging projects, in a culture that values and empowers the individual to realise success and entrepreneurial opportunities
These are Canberra based roles and all applicants must hold or be able to achieve an Australian Government baseline security clearance as a minimum.
In this role, you will:
- Operate autonomously or within a team environment;
- Work with Australian Government clients to understand and document their information, analysis and decision-making needs.
- Lead small project teams to design and deliver analytical outcomes, executive dashboards, visualisations, reports, decision models and other data-driven solutions.
- Engage with clients to ensure that consulting projects meet client needs and expectations and deliver genuine value-adding outcomes
- Assist with the leadership and management of the Business Analytics team, including contributing to business development, staff management, recruitment, staff development and knowledge management.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A ‘can do’ positive attitude with an ability to build effective working relationships including senior stakeholders across Synergy and client teams;
- A growth mindset with the ability to ‘lean in’ and challenge established thinking;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role of leading small project based teams in complex operating environments;
- A commitment to ongoing professional development;
- You will bring a background that demonstrates:
- Bachelor or postgrad qualifications in IT, data analytics, accounting, economics, actuarial studies or another relevant field.
- An understanding of digital solutions and how they can be used to deliver business value
- An ability to work with a high degree of autonomy solving complex business problems to high standards of quality.
- An ability to manage scope and timeline of multiple tasks without compromising on quality.
You must also possess:
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work;
- An understanding of digital solutions and how they can be utilised to deliver business value;
- The ability to manage scope and timelines of multiple tasks without compromising quality;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills;
- Completion of or current studies towards a Bachelor’s Degree or similar academic activities is highly desirable, ideally in a related field of study (IT, dat analytics, accounting, econometrics, actuarial studies)
Most of all, you will be passionate about using numbers, facts and data to tell stories that are credible, insightful and impactful.Ideally, you will have one or more of the following:
- Experience working as a consultant;
- Experience working in an Australian Government environment, whether as an APS employee or consulting to Australian Government agencies;
- Skills and experience in data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI;
- Skills and experience in data wrangling tools, languages and techniques, such as SQL, ETL tools, and integration/middleware platforms;
Synergy is one of Canberra’s fastest growing, most dynamic consulting firms. Synergy’s culture values and empowers the individual to realise success through entrepreneurial opportunities; we will provide you with:
- The opportunity to be part of a high performing team in an exciting and challenging environment;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Continued commitment to your development, including being part of a new career pathway
- The ability to influence your salary through the bonus program;
- Flexible working options;
- Generous paid parental leave;
As a leading employer, we work hard to empower our people every day. We believe in flexibility, inclusivity and relationships that are meaningful and of benefit to our people, clients and society. We are values-driven, and purpose-led — caring for our staff, valuing the work they do, and offering every opportunity to develop individually and as a collective. We are celebrated for our culture and the way we support each other to thrive in all aspects of life.
If you are a person with a burning desire to be part of a dynamic team and value the opportunity to showcase your ability, then you should apply now