- Be at the forefront of re-imagining service delivery for citizens, government and its employees
- Support the growth of an exciting new business line
- Opportunity for relocation support to be provided for interstate candidates
Role: User Experience Design Lead
Team: Digital and Technology
Closing Date: 17 March
Location: Canberra (We can assist in relocation costs)
At Synergy we are the Dynamic Leaders in Solutions to Government – we plan, we think, we change, we solve, we lead.
Together we discover new solutions, navigate complexity, bring new insights, realise change and sustain momentum. We are government specialists delivering a truly collaborative approach to navigate important challenges and provide practical solutions. With growth of over 30% year on year and revenue set to push $60 million we are a major player in Government with some great career opportunities to offer along with all the attitude of an agile, fun, family focused consultancy.
We take a partnership approach with our clients, resulting in strong relationships underpinned by confidence, high performance, and results. From small projects to a large-scale transformation, we provide an end-to-end, whole-of-life service in areas like strategic planning, change and project management, design, digital technologies, financial management, resourcing, and more.
Synergy culture, underpinned by our values “Positively Charged”, “It’s Personal”, “Honest to Self and All”, “Abundance Mentality”, and “Business within a Business”, is one that supports and encourages each other through knowledge sharing and collaboration. We challenge long held views and practices by actively engaging our curious nature along with a focus on solutions and security in the excellence of our work. We are proud of our entrepreneurial mindset and energetic down to earth attitude that understands the balance between having fun and celebrating the wins and putting in the hard work to get there.
Synergy Digital are committed to innovating with our clients to re-imagine the way we work and live, enabled by digital technologies and design. Due to the growth in our business, we are looking for a talented UX professional to join our Digital team and lead the expansion of our UX capability. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about the use of design methods in improving service delivery, experiences and outcomes for citizens, government, and its employees.
We are looking for a candidate with a high level of demonstrated UX and/or service design experience in a dedicated UX role. The ideal candidate will possess skills and experience across the following categories:
- An understanding of design thinking methodologies and its application to UX research, UX/UI design and end-to-end service design
- Foundational understanding of and/or previous application of service design tools that span the Digital Transformation Agency’s service design and delivery process (discovery, alpha, beta, live) and the Digital Service Standards
- A demonstrated ability to produce sketches, user flows, storyboards, service blueprints, information architecture, journey maps, wireframes and prototypes (low and high-fidelity)
- Experience running focus groups and stakeholder interviews as part of research activities
- Experience in agile project environments and a high level of familiarity with common agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Demonstrated team and performance management experience
- Coach and mentor members of the UX team, and identify appropriate career development opportunities for individuals
- An ability to design and deliver knowledge transfer and L&D activities to client teams on design methodologies.
Business and Practice Development
- Strong business acumen with an ability to lead the development of an emerging practice/capability including practice strategy, planning, methodology design, and recruitment
- Proven business development skills with an aptitude for identifying and pursuing market opportunities
- Demonstrated experience engaging with senior client stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience engaging with the UX industry and building enduring relationships among the local UX and service design community
- An awareness and appreciation of the contemporary challenges facing government service delivery in Australia
- Strong research and writing skills to contribute to thought leadership on emerging digital and design fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, design, IT, or a related creative or design field (postgraduate qualifications welcomed)
- Professional certification/s (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2 Agile, Certified Design Thinking Professional)
You will have a positive attitude, strong communication skills and be able to utilise your relationship building skills to partner with other Synergites and clients in an authentic and personal way.
Many of our engagements involve working with clients that have a need for security, privacy and confidentiality. You must therefore be an Australian citizen, you will hold an AGSVA baseline or NV1 clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package we provide relocation support, the ability to access flexible working options, generous paid Parental Leave benefits, a comprehensive online learning platform, onsite yoga and other fitness programs, and social events that delight. Community spirit is strong among Synergites with many actively involved in local volunteer community groups, in particular Synergy is proud to partner with Raw Potential.
We value diversity and inclusion and believe that no employment opportunity should be limited for any irrelevant reason. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We respect and empower each individual and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
If you are a person with a growth mindset who loves to solve problems, have a desire to be part of a dynamic team and value the opportunity to showcase your technical ability: then you should be talking to us. Please send your CV to our People Team at email@example.com. More information about Synergy is available at synergygroup.net.au and at our Synergy Group Australia page on LinkedIn.