Role: User Experience Design Professionals
Level: Various Levels
Team: Digital and Technology
Location: Canberra, ACT
Citizenship: Australian Citizenship Required
Closing Date: 9 June 2019
- Interesting and diverse Government and commercial client base
- Opportunity to learn new methods, technologies and approaches
- Dynamic, leading consulting firm with career growth and flexible work opportunities
At Synergy we are the Dynamic Leaders in Solutions to Government – we plan, we think, we change, we solve, we lead.
Together we discover new solutions, navigate complexity, bring new insights, realise change and sustain momentum. We are government specialists delivering a truly collaborative approach to navigate important challenges and provide practical solutions. With growth of over 30% year on year and revenue set to push $60 million we are a major player in Government with some great career opportunities to offer along with all the attitude of an agile, fun, and family–focused consultancy.
Due to the growth in our business, we are looking for talented UX Design professionals to join our Digital team to support the expansion of our UX capability. At Synergy Digital we are committed to innovating with our clients to re-imagine the way we work and live, enabled by digital technologies and design. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the use of design methods in improving service delivery, experiences and outcomes for citizens, government, and its employees.
We are looking for candidates with 2+ years UX and/or service design experience in a dedicated UX role (either in a client side, or professional services, environment). Candidates may come from user research, service design, CX, UI or interaction design backgrounds. The ideal candidates will possess skills and experience across the following categories:
- An understanding of design thinking methodologies, and its application to UX research, UX/UI/Interaction design and end-to-end service design.
- Foundational understanding of and/or previous application of service design tools that span the Digital Transformation Agency’s service design and delivery process (discovery, alpha, beta, live) and the Digital Service Standards.
- An ability to produce sketches, user flows, storyboards, service blueprints, information architecture, journey maps, wireframes and prototypes (low and high-fidelity).
- Experience running focus groups and stakeholder interviews as part of research activities.
- Previous experience in agile project environments and high familiarity with common agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
Team and Self-Management
- Depending on the level, 3+ years of team and performance management experience.
- Depending on the level, capacity to coach and mentor members of the UX team, and identify appropriate career development opportunities for individuals.
- Strong self-management skills with capacity to work autonomously on client engagements under limited direction.
- A strong team player with willingness to support multiple project streams.
- Depending on the level, ability to design and deliver knowledge transfer and L&D activities to client teams on design methodologies.
Business and Practice Development
- Depending on the level, an ability to support growth of an emerging practice/capability including practice strategy, planning, methodology design, and recruitment.
- Willingness to support proposal development.
- Experience and comfort engaging with senior client stakeholders
- Experience and or willingness to engage with the UX industry and build enduring relationships among the local UX and service design community.
The ideal candidates would also be able to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, design, IT, or a related creative or design field (postgraduate qualifications welcomed).
- Professional certification/s (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2 Agile, Certified Design Thinking Professional).
- An awareness and appreciation of the contemporary challenges facing government service delivery in Australia.
- Comfort working with HTML and CSS, and other design/prototyping tools.
- Strong research and writing skills to contribute to thought leadership on emerging digital and design fields.
You will have a positive attitude and mindset, strong communication skills and be able to draw on your relationship building skills to partner with other Synergy staff and clients in an authentic and personal way.
As a member of the UX team, you will have responsibilities for:
- Contributing positively to the growth and expansion of the UX practice including supporting proposal and practice development initiatives.
- Applying user-centred design, and drawing on the DTA’s Digital Standard, and service design and delivery process to solve problems for clients.
- Working closely with colleagues across digital, creative, and project delivery capabilities on multi-disciplinary engagements and in an agile project environment, taking a one-team approach to delivery.
- Working with service designers to map user journeys both in current and future-state, and devise service blueprints.
- Coordinating and/or conducting UX research to engage end-users at all levels in a client organisation to gather user insights and data.
- Working closely with Synergy’s creative design team to develop graphical assets across multiple platforms and channels.
- Depending on the level, managing budget, schedule and risks on client engagements.
- Depending on the level, coaching client teams in foundational UX principles to support knowledge transfer components of Synergy engagements.
- Supporting thought leadership activities on emerging digital disciplines.
- Raising awareness of the UX practice across the firm, including presenting internally on UX engagements.
Many of our engagements involve working with clients that have a need for security, privacy and confidentiality. You must therefore be an Australian citizen and hold an AGSVA Baseline or NV1 clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
We have a culture that values and empowers the individual to realise success and entrepreneurial opportunities. We believe in flexibility, inclusivity and relationships that are meaningful and of benefit to our people, clients and society. We are celebrated for our culture and the way we support each other to thrive in all aspects of life.
We are a leading consultancy that provides an exciting and rewarding opportunity to share in our success. If you have depth of experience, an attitude of abundance and a commitment to being part of something bigger, please talk to us.